Our department has been founded in the 2012-2013 year as the first Energy Systems Engineering (ESE) Department in Aegean Region. It is also the only ESE Department in Turkey, where the most of the academic staff have experience in the field ranging between 2 to 12 years. Various national and international projects and also cooperations with the industry have been carrying out since the foundation of the department.
The education language is English and the curriculum consist of various energy related courses in the field of mechanical and electrical-electronics engineerings, two internships and, an analysis and design focused thesis. Several technical visits to nearby factories are organised regularly, starting from the first year, in order to increase the awareness and experience of our students. There are various opportunities for our students such as the erasmus exchange and internship programs, double major and double minor programs.
Our main objective is to educate engineers who ;
- can apply theoretical and applied knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering in a systematic, comprehensive, and rigorous manner to model and solve Energy Systems Engineering problems,
- can identify, to formulate, and to solve complex Energy Systems Engineering problems using proper techniques, skills, and modern engineering and scientific tools,
- can analyze and to design complex processes and systems under realistic constraints; ability to apply modern performance assessment tools,
- can design and perform experiments and numerical simulations; gather, analyze, and interpret general scientific and engineering data.
- can contribute/add value to all stages of Energy Systems Projects such as design, analysis, simulation, modelling, planning, managing and testing,
- can develope modern energy technologies and commercialise them,
- have a sound basis and motivation to engage in life-long learning and continuing education,
- have basic knowledge on real life practices of project, risk, change and strategic management,
- have awareness of entrepreneurship, innovation, and sustainable development; and international standards, policies, rules and regulations.
Within this context our students have the potential to find jobs both within and outside the country.